May 13, 1964
Quick Stephen Colber Facts:
- Stephen Colbert was born in Washington, D.C., and raised in South Carolina.
- He studied theater and improvisational comedy at ImprovOlympic and Second City, both in Chicago.
- In 1995, Colbert co-created and starred in the sketch comedy show Exit 57 on Comedy Central.
- In 1997, he joined the cast of The Daily Show as a correspondent.
- Colbert reunited with his Exit 57 cast mates to create and star in Strangers With Candy, which ran from 1998 to 2000.
- In 2005, Colbert left The Daily Show to host his own comedy news show on Comedy Central, The Colbert Report.
- In 2008, he briefly and unsuccessfully ran for President.
Stephen Colbert’s Net Worth:
Stephen Colbert has an estimated net worth of $75 Million.
Stephen Colbert Overview:
Stephen Colbert might just be the best fake right-wing pundit in America. As host of his own comedy news show, The Colbert Report on Comedy Central, Colbert has made famous his perfectly assured (even when wrong), outspoken conservative character. Colbert’s background is in improv and sketch comedy, making him incredibly quick-witted and fast on his feet. Combining absurdity with heady intellectualism, his satirical take on punditry has made him one of the country’s leading political comedians. The world needs more of his brand of truthiness.